How do a watchmaker do an Estimate?
- The watchmaker starts with removing the braclete from the case and write down the serial and reference number.
- Case, bezel, crystal, crown, dial, hands &bracletanalyzes for damage
- Then the watchmaker opens the case for a visual inspection of the movements condition. For example, bridges, oscillating weight & wheels.
- Every part that needs to be replaced will be on the estimate (except the spear parts that is included in the overhaul). Esthetical damage that´s not effects the function of the watch is optional.
- The summary of the of the service will be note on the estimate and sent to the customer
- When the watch maker has reserved a written approval,the watchmaker can begin the service.
- The watchmaker dose the service in house as far as possible. If the service can´t be done in house the watch will be sent to the factory’s service center for that specific brand.
- A decline estimate will be credited 200 SEK (1200 SEK if the watch has been sent to the factory service center.